Monday, July 13, 2009

Do you need a laptop for a computer science major?

I'm looking to purchase a new computer. I'm taking computer science at college in the fall and common sense would tell me I need to buy a laptop as I might need to bring it in for presentations and notes and programming. I realize that not every classroom I'll be in will have a comprehensive computer lab. Is this a correct assumption and should I buy a laptop for school.


or are my assumptions not true and a laptop won't be needed and I should buy another desktop?

Do you need a laptop for a computer science major?
I would talk to an advisor in the computer science department before making a purchase. Some schools require a specific computer. There are colleges that charge a fee for a computer for each student in a specific major. Find out what you will need before investing that much money in something that you just "hope" will work.
Reply:It would be helpful considering all colleges demand you turn in all reports and assignments all typed out.

stalk

No comments:

Post a Comment