Monday, July 13, 2009

What careers can you go into, BESIDES PROGRAMMING, with a Computer Science degree?

I'm pretty much stuck with having to graduate with a Computer Science degree. It's not that I'm not good at it, I know I can graduate, but I absolutely don't want to be a programmer. Is there anything else I can do in the IT related field?

What careers can you go into, BESIDES PROGRAMMING, with a Computer Science degree?
Yes but you must understand that you also need to be certified or chances of getting any job in the field will be slim and none. It is best to start with your A+ and your Network+. These certifications are what gives you the hands on training employers are looking for. Go to QuickCert.com and you can get alot of information on careers and courses needed to get certified. A degree will just not get you anywhere and I doubt your school will tell you this. I work in IT and believe me I know. Anyways check out the website and there are plenty of jobs in the IT field that are better than programming!!
Reply:Just to throw some ideas into your head: if you have good grades, you could always try getting into law school.


No comments:

Post a Comment