Thursday, July 9, 2009

Is there job availability for people who major in computer science?

I was thinking about majoring in computer science and I worried about the job availability. Someone had told me that the computer industry was slowing down on jobs, but I found it hard to believe because every where you go all companies and industries have computers, so there has to be some jobs out there. I was just looking for advice as to what do because I am really ineterested in computers and I would like to work in the industry. I was also curious about salaries.

Is there job availability for people who major in computer science?
If Justin Timberlake walked into a high school dance, do you think any girls there would want to dance with him?





The answer to this question and yours is a resounding 'Yes!'
Reply:I teach career education and Information Technology, and I can tell with great certainty that there are thousands of positions available in technology related fields. You need to pick an area more specific than general computer science, but that will be fine for a foundation.





In Michigan alone, there are 85,000 jobs unfilled right now because we don't have people qualified to fill them. The majority of them are computer/technology related.





Health care and technology is also a huge area to get into. Biotechnology is growing at an alarming rate.





Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment