Wednesday, July 15, 2009

For those who graduated with a degree in computer science?

im strongly considering a degree in computer science








what kind of job do you have? do you find your job satisfying?





optional--how much are you making?

For those who graduated with a degree in computer science?
I am a recent CS grad and I really like the job. Currently I work for a large academic journal, and I do backend programming for the websites. I code in Ruby, PHP, Perl you name it. I work whenever I want, I have a very good salary (sorry can't say) and I go to work wearing whatever I want with great benefits. Also nobody ever bothers me, I am in control of what I do etc. Overall it is a great job and I am really happy.





The key is though would you be happy? I like work that is challenging, and keeps me thinking and this certainly does. I used to work fixing stuff when I was in school and programming is very similar. The downsides: You sit on your butt all day... I like being active. You work with dorks, but then again programming is a pretty dorky field (but since I work whenever, I party all night on weekdays :) So give it a try by working somewhere part time or as an intern. It is the only way to know


No comments:

Post a Comment