Wednesday, July 15, 2009

How much time will be given to accept US Computer Science graduate school admission offer?

I am applying to the following universities for Master in Computer Science: Stanford, CMU, USC and U. Penn.





If I am being admitted, in general how much time will I be given to accept or reject the acceptance offer?





Thanks!

How much time will be given to accept US Computer Science graduate school admission offer?
Most American graduate schools have standardized the date for accepting an offer of a fellowship or assistantship: April 15. When I applied to graduate school three of the four institutions that accepted me set that as the date to accept their offer. The other institution (at which I was not to be funded) was in June or July, I believe. I don't have the list in front of me of schools that have signed onto that April 15 date, but I remember that most of the elite Unis in the States were on the list.





You probably will receive letters back sometime in between late January and early March. Thus, you should expect perhaps between one and 2.5/3 months to make up your mind. This, of course, assumes that you are not an alternate at one of the programs. If that is the case, you might not know until much later if you have a spot and would likely have much less time to decide.





Hope that helps! Good luck, hope you get good offers!

flower delivery

No comments:

Post a Comment